Create a Wi-Fi profile
The required profile settings vary for each device type and depend on the
Wi-Fisecurity type and authentication protocol that you select.
- If devices use certificate-based authentication for workWi-Ficonnections, create a CA certificate profile and assign it to user accounts, user groups, or device groups. To send client certificates to devices, create a SCEP, shared certificate, or user credential profile to associate with theWi-Fiprofile.Samsung Knox Workspacedevices don’t support using certificates sent to devices byBlackBerry UEMfor Wi-Fi authentication. Users must set up certificate-based authentication manually onSamsung Knox Workspacedevices.
- ForBlackBerry 10,iOS,macOS,Android Enterprise, andSamsung Knoxdevices that use a proxy server for workWi-Ficonnections, create a proxy profile to associate with theWi-Fiprofile.
- IfBlackBerry 10devices use a VPN for workWi-Ficonnections, create a VPN profile to associate with theWi-Fiprofile.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickNetworks and connections > Wi-Fi.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for theWi-Fiprofile. This information is displayed on devices.
- In theSSIDfield, type the network name of aWi-Finetwork.
- If theWi-Finetwork does not broadcast the SSID, select theHidden networkcheck box.
- Perform the following actions:
- Click the tab for a device type.
- Configure the appropriate values for each profile setting to match theWi-Ficonfiguration in your organization's environment. If your organization requires that users provide a username and password to connect to theWi-Finetwork and the profile is for multiple users, in theUsernamefield, type%UserName%.
- Repeat step 7 for each device type in your organization.