How BlackBerry UEM chooses which per-app VPN settings to assign to iOS
BlackBerry UEMchooses which per-app VPN settings to assign to
Only one VPN profile can be assigned to an app or app group.
BlackBerry UEMuses the following rules to determine which per-app VPN settings to assign to an app on
- Per-app VPN settings that are associated with an app directly take precedence over per-app VPN settings associated indirectly by an app group.
- Per-app VPN settings that are associated with a user directly take precedence over per-app VPN settings associated indirectly by a user group.
- Per-app VPN settings that are assigned to a required app take precedence over per-app VPN settings assigned to an optional instance of the same app.
- Per-app VPN settings that are associated with the user group name that appears earlier in the alphabetical list takes precedence if the following conditions are met:
For example, you assignCisco WebEx Meetingsas an optional app to the user groups Development and Marketing. When a user is in both groups, the per-app VPN settings for the Development group is applied to theWebEx Meetingsapp for that user.
- An app is assigned to multiple user groups
- The same app appears in the user groups
- The app is assigned in the same way, either as a single app or an app group
- The app has the same disposition in all assignments, either required or optional
If a per-app VPN profile is assigned to a device group, it takes precedence over the per-app VPN profile that is assigned to the user account for any devices that belong to the device group.