Create an email profile
The required profile settings vary for each device type and depend on the mail server used in your organization's environment.
- If you use certificate-based authentication between devices and your mail server, you must create a CA certificate profile and assign it to users. You must also make sure that devices have a trusted client certificate.
- ForAndroiddevices withMDM controlsactivations,BlackBerry UEMsends the email profile to the device but the user must manually configure the connection to the mail server,
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickEmail, calendar and contacts > Email.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- If necessary, type the domain name of the mail server. If the profile is for multiple users who may be in differentMicrosoft Active Directorydomains, you can use the%UserDomain%variable.
- In theEmail addressfield, perform one of the following actions:
- If the profile is for one user, type the email address of the user.
- If the profile is for multiple users, type%UserEmailAddress%.
- Type the host name or IP address of the mail server.
- In theUsernamefield, perform one of the following actions:
- If the profile is for one user, type the username.
- If the profile is for multiple users, type%UserName%.
- If the profile is for multiple users in anIBM Notes Travelerenvironment, type%UserDisplayName%.
- If you configured server groups to directBlackBerry Secure Gatewaytraffic to a specific regional connection to theBlackBerry Infrastructure, in theBlackBerry Secure Gateway Service server groupdrop-down list, click the appropriate server group.For more information about theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeand server groups, see the on-premises Planning content and Installation and upgrade content or the theUEM CloudConfiguration content
- Click the tab for each device type in your organization and configure the appropriate values for each profile setting.
If necessary, rank profiles.