Create a location service profile
You can assign a location service profile to user accounts, user groups, or device groups. Users must accept the profile before the management console or
BlackBerry UEM Self-Servicecan display
Androiddevice locations on a map.
Windows 10 Mobiledevices automatically accept the profile.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles.
- ClickProtection > Location service.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the location service profile.
- Optionally, clear the check box for any device type that you do not want to configure the profile for.
- Perform any of the following tasks:TaskStepsEnable location history foriOSdevices
BlackBerry UEMcollects a device's location hourly and, if possible, when there has been a significant change in the device's location (for example, 500 meters or more).Enable location history forAndroiddevices
- On theiOStab, verify that theLog device location historycheck box is selected.
Both the distance and frequency conditions must be met before the device location is updated.
- On theAndroidtab, verify that theLog device location historycheck box is selected.
- In theDevice location check distancefield, specify the minimum distance that a device must travel before the device location is updated.
- In theLocation update frequencyfield, specify how often the device location is updated.
If necessary, rank profiles.