Activate an Android device with the MDM controls activation type
Androiddevice with the
MDM controlsactivation type
These steps apply only to devices that are assigned the
MDM controlsactivation type. This activation type is deprecated in
Android10. Attempts to activate
Android10 and later devices with the
MDM controlsactivation type will fail. For more information, visit https://support.blackberry.com/community to read article 48386.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM ClientfromGoogle Play.
- Open theUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tap theI accept the License Agreementcheckbox.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsUse aQR Codeto activate the device
Manually activate the device
- Tap .
- TapAllowto allow theUEM Clientto take pictures and record video.
- Scan theQR Codein the activation email message that you received.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- If necessary, type the server address. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service. TapNext.
- If necessary, type your username and activation password. TapNext.
- TapActivateto activate the device administrator. You must activate the device administrator to access work data on your device.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.
- If you are prompted, follow the instructions on the screen to install work apps on your device.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- In theUEM Client, tap >About. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- In theBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceconsole, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.