Activate an iOS device earlier than 12.2 with the MDM controls activation type
iOSdevice earlier than 12.2 with the
MDM controlsactivation type
Send the following instructions to the device user to activate
iOSdevices earlier than version 12.2 with
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM Client. You can download theBlackBerry UEM Clientfrom theApp Store.
- On the device, tapUEM Clientand accept the License Agreement.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsUse aQR Codeto activate the device
Manually activate the device
- Tap .
- TapAllowto allow theBlackBerry UEM Clientto take pictures and record video.
- Scan theQR Codein the activation email message that you received.
- Type your work email address and activation password.
- If necessary, type the server address. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- TapOKto install the configuration profile.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation.
- If you are prompted to enter the password for your email account or the passcode for your device, follow the instructions on the screen.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, open theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp and tapAbout. In the Activated Device and Compliance Status sections, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.