Migrate devices from a source server
After you migrate users from the source server to the destination
BlackBerry UEM, you can migrate their devices. The devices move from the source server to the destination
BlackBerry UEMand are no longer in the source after the migration.
- Before you migrate devices, verify that the appropriate policies and entitlements are assigned to the users that you've migrated.
- For migrations fromBlackBerry UEM, notifyiOSdevice users that they must open theBlackBerry UEM Clientto start the migration toBlackBerry UEMand that they must keep theBlackBerry UEM Clientopen until the migration is complete.
- On the menu bar, clickSettings > Migration > Devices.
- On theMigrate devicesscreen, clickRefresh cache.The cache can take approximately 10 minutes for each 1000 devices to populate.BlackBerry UEMcaches the device data to speed searching capabilities, but the device data is migrated directly from the source. Refreshing the cache is mandatory only for the first set of device migration and optional afterward.
- Select the devices to migrate.Only the first 20,000 devices are displayed. Search on the user name or email address to locate specific users that may not be in the first 20,000. Selecting all selects only those devices on the first page. Set the page size for the number of devices that you want to select.You may see fewer line items than number of devices because the cache is displayed by user and some users may have more than one device.If changes are made in the source after the cache is refreshed, those changes are not reflected in the cache data displayed. You should not make changes to the source server during migration, but if you do, refresh the cache periodically.
- (Optional, for migrations from an on-premises UEM source to an on-premises UEM destination)To cancel the migration, click the check boxes beside the devices you want to cancel, and click .If you cancel the migration of a device, it must be wiped and then reactivated on the destination server.
- To view the status of the devices being migrated, clickMigration>Status.For migrations fromGood Control, to determine whichBlackBerry Dynamicsapps have been migrated, run the container activity report onGood Control.Make sure that theGood Controlconfiguration remains running until all of the users' authentication delegate apps have completed migration, even if all devices are migrated.