Add the first enrollment configuration
Register the server token with BlackBerry UEM before you add your first enrollment configuration.
After you register a server token,
BlackBerry UEMautomatically displays the window where you add your first enrollment configuration.
- Type a name for the configuration.
- Complete one of the following tasks:
- If you wantBlackBerry UEMto automatically assign the enrollment configuration to devices when you register them inApple's Device Enrollment Program, select the "Automatically assign all new devices to this configuration" checkbox.
- If you want to use theBlackBerry UEMconsole to manually assign the enrollment configuration to specific devices, leave the "Automatically assign all new devices to this configuration" checkbox unchecked.
- Optionally, type a department name and support phone number to be displayed on devices during setup.
- In theDevice configurationsection, select from the following checkboxes:
- Allow pairing - if selected, users can pair the device with a computer
- Enable supervised mode - if selected, devices are activated in supervised mode. You must select at least one of "Enable supervised mode" or "Allow removal of MDM profile."
- Mandatory - if selected, users can activate devices using their company directory username and password
- Allow removal of MDM profile - if selected, users can deactivate devices. You must select at least one of "Enable supervised mode" or "Allow removal of MDM profile."
- Wait until device is configured - if selected, users cannot cancel the device setup until activation withBlackBerry UEMis completed. This setting is valid only if you select "Enable supervised mode."
- In theSkip during setupsection, select the items that you do not want to include in the device setup:
- Passcode - if selected, users are not prompted to create a device passcode
- Location services - if selected, location services are disabled on the device
- Restore - if selected, users cannot restore data from a backup file
- Move from Android - if selected, you cannot restore data from an Android device
- AppleID - if selected users are prevented from signing in toAppleID and iCloud
- Terms and conditions - if selected, users do not see theiOSterms and conditions
- Siri - if selected, Siri is disabled on devices
- Diagnostics - if selected, diagnostic information is not automatically sent from the device during setup
- Biometric - if selected, users cannot setup Touch ID
- Payment - if selected, users cannot set up Apple pay
- Zoom - if selected, users cannot set up Zoon
- Home button setup - if selected, users cannot adjust the Home button's click
- Screen Time – if selected, the option to setup Screen Time is skipped during DEP enrollment
- Software update – if selected, users do not see the mandatory software update screen on the device
- iMessage and Face Time – if selected, users do not see the iMessage and Face Time screen on the device
- ClickSave.If the message "An error was encountered. The server token file could not be decrypted." appears, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 37282.
- If you selected "Automatically assign new devices to this configuration," clickYes.
iOSdevices. For more information about activating devices that are enrolled in DEP, see the Administration content.