Activate an Android Enterprise device using a managed Google
Android Enterprisedevice using a managed
These steps apply to devices that are assigned the
Work space only(
Android Enterprise) or
Work and personal - full control(
Android Enterprise) activation type. To activate devices with the
Work and personal - user privacyactivation type, see Activate an Android Enterprise device with the Work and personal - user privacy activation type.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user, or send them a link to the following workflow: Activate your Android device using a managed Google Play account.
Your device administrator sent you one or more email messages with the information you need to activate your device. If you received an activation QR Code from your administrator, you can use it to activate your device and you don't need to type any information. If you did not receive a QR Code, make sure you received the following information:
- Your work email address
- BlackBerry UEMactivation username
- BlackBerry UEMactivation password
- BlackBerry UEMserver address
- If you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset your device to the factory default settings.
- During the device setup, type afw#blackberry in the
- TapInstallto install theBlackBerry UEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tap theI accept the License Agreementcheckbox.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsUse aQR Codeto activate the device
Manually activate the device
- Tap .
- TapAllowto allow theUEM Clientto take pictures and record video.
- Scan theQR Codein the activation email message that you received.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- If necessary, type the server address. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service. TapNext.
- If necessary, type your username and activation password. TapNext.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On theSet up your profilescreen, tapSet upand wait while a work profile is set up on the device.
- If you are prompted, log in to your
- On the unlock selection screen, choose a screen unlock method.
- If you are prompted with theSecure start-upscreen, tapYesto require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password and type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. TapDone.
- Create aUEM Clientpassword and tapOK. If you are usingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, you will also use this password to sign in to all of yourBlackBerry Dynamicsapps.
- On the next screen, tapEnrolland follow the instructions on the screen if you want to set up fingerprint authentication for the UEM Client and any BlackBerry Dynamics apps that you have. Otherwise, tapCancel.
- If you are signed out of your device, unlock your device to complete theBlackBerry UEMactivation.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.
- If you are prompted, follow the instructions on the screen to install work apps on your device.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- In theUEM Client, tap >About. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- In theBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceconsole, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.