Activate an Android Enterprise device without a Google
Android Enterprisedevice without a
These steps apply to devices that do not have access to
Google Play. The devices may be assigned the
Work space only(
Work and personal - full control(
Android Enterprise), or
Work and personal - user privacy(
Android Enterprise) activation type.
A secondary device that has the
BlackBerry UEM Enrollapp installed is required. The same device can be used to activate an unlimited number of devices.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- Your device administrator sent you one or more email messages with the information that you need to activate your device. If you received an activationQR Codefrom your administrator, you can use it to activate your device and you don't need to type any information. If you did not receive aQR Code, make sure you received the following information:
- Your Work email address
- BlackBerry UEMactivation username
- BlackBerry UEMactivation password
- BlackBerry UEMserver address
- You must have a secondary device that has theBlackBerry UEMEnroll app installed. To download and install theBlackBerry UEM Clienton the secondary device, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 42607.
- On the device that you want to activate, if you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset your device to the factory default settings.
- On the secondary device, open theBlackBerry UEM Enrollapp. Make sure that NFC is enabled on the device.
- TapActivate device.
- Tap the backs of both devices together. When you are prompted, tap anywhere on the screen of the secondary device.
- On the device that you want to activate, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install theBlackBerry UEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tap theI accept the License Agreementcheckbox.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsUse aQR Codeto activate the device
Manually activate the device
- Tap .
- TapAllowto allow theUEM Clientto take pictures and record video.
- Scan theQR Codein the activation email message that you received.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- If necessary, type the server address. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service. TapNext.
- If necessary, type your username and activation password. TapNext.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On theSet up your profilescreen, tapSet upand wait while a work profile is set up on the device.
- On the unlock selection screen, choose a screen unlock method.
- If you are prompted with theSecure start-upscreen, tapYesto require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password, and type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. TapDone.
- Create aUEM Clientpassword and tapOK. If you are usingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, you will also use this password to sign in to all of yourBlackBerry Dynamicsapps.
- On the next screen, tapEnrolland follow the instructions on the screen if you want to set up fingerprint authentication for the UEM Client and any BlackBerry Dynamics apps you have. Otherwise, tapCancel.
- If you are signed out of your device, unlock your device to complete theBlackBerry UEMactivation.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.
- If you are prompted, follow the instructions on the screen to install work apps on your device.
- If necessary, open the email app that your organization wants you to use (for example,BlackBerry Hub) and follow the instructions to set up email on your phone.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- In theUEM Client, tap >About. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- In theBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceconsole, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.