What's new in BlackBerry UEM 12.11 MR1
BlackBerry UEM12.11 MR1
BlackBerry Intelligent Security
BlackBerry Intelligent Security
- :BlackBerry Intelligent SecurityBlackBerry UEMsupportsBlackBerry Intelligent Security. For more information, see the documentation here.
- Apply security patch level enforcement to: In a compliance profile you can apply security patch level enforcement toBlackBerry Dynamicsapps onAndroiddevicesBlackBerry Dynamicsapps. If the security patch level is not met, you can choose to delete theBlackBerry Dynamicsapp data, not allowBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to run on the device, or perform no actions on the device.
- Compliance policy update: A new compliance setting allows administrators to enable or disable anti-debugging forBlackBerry Dynamicsapps. If your organization prohibits turning off detection for rooted OS or failed attestation, you can use this setting to disable the anti-debugging check without disabling rooted OS or failed attestation detection.
- User notifications: Updates toAndroid10 required changes to theBlackBerry UEM Clientto use notifications instead of pop-up dialog boxes to inform users of events and request user input. Users must allow notifications from theUEM Clientto avoid unexpected behavior.
- TheUEM Clientnative library updates:BlackBerry UEM ClientforAndroidnative libraries have been updated to support a 64-bit architecture.
- TheBlackBerry Connectivitynative library updates:BlackBerry Connectivityapp forAndroidnative libraries have been updated to support a 64-bit architecture.
- Compliance policy update: A new compliance setting allows administrators to enable or disable anti-debugging forBlackBerry Dynamicsapps. If your organization prohibits turning off Jailbreak OS detection, you can use this setting to disable the anti-debugging check without Jailbreak OS detection.
- :iOS13 supportBlackBerry UEMnow supportsiOS13.For more information about the supported operating systems, see the Mobile/Desktop OS and Enterprise Applications compatibility matrix.
- Common criteria mode: In an IT policy, you can putSamsung Knoxdevices into Common Criteria mode.
MDM Controls activation type
- MDM Controls activation type is not required for: Administrators are no longer required to ensure that MDM Controls is an allowed activation type to successfully activateBBM EnterpriseactivationBBM Enterprise.
- MDM Controls activation type is deprecated forYou should activateAndroid10 devices:Androiddevices using the “Android Enterprise” activation types. You can use device groups and compliance profiles to manage what happens for devices activated with "MDM controls" that are updated toAndroid10. You can set the "Android 10 device activated with MDM Controls" event notification so you can be notified when an Android 9 device with MDM Controls is upgraded to Android 10 and can no longer be properly managed. For more information about the deprecation of the MDM Controls activation type, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 48386.
- BlackBerry UEM12.11 is the lastBlackBerry UEMrelease that supports SHA1.
- APNs API update:BlackBerry UEMnow communicates with APNs using the HTTP/2 APNs API.
IT Policy Rule updates
Allow QuickPath keyboard (supervised only)
Allow Wi-Fi to be disabled (supervised only)
Allow finding devices in the Find My app (supervised only)
Allow finding friends in the Find My app (supervised only)
Samsung Knoxdevices only)
Enable Common Criteria mode