Create an email profile
The required profile settings vary for each device type and depend on the mail server used in your organization's environment.
- If you use certificate-based authentication between devices and your mail server, you must create a CA certificate profile and assign it to users. You must also make sure that devices have a trusted client certificate.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickEmail, calendar and contacts > Email.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- If necessary, type the domain name of the mail server. If the profile is for multiple users who may be in differentMicrosoft Active Directorydomains, you can use the%UserDomain%variable.
- In theEmail addressfield, perform one of the following actions:
- If the profile is for one user, type the email address of the user.
- If the profile is for multiple users, type%UserEmailAddress%.
- Type the host name or IP address of the mail server.
- In theUsernamefield, perform one of the following actions:
- If the profile is for one user, type the username.
- If the profile is for multiple users, type%UserName%.
- If the profile is for multiple users in anIBM Notes Travelerenvironment, type%UserDisplayName%.
- If you configured server groups to directBlackBerry Secure Gatewaytraffic orBlackBerry Gatekeeping Servicetraffic to a specific regional connection to theBlackBerry Infrastructure, in theBlackBerry Secure Gateway Service server groupdrop-down list, click the appropriate server group.
- Click the tab for each device type in your organization and configure the appropriate values for each profile setting. For details about each profile setting, see Email profile settings.
If necessary, rank profiles.