What you can control on iOS devices
BlackBerry UEMprovides all of the tools you need to control the features that
iOSdevices allow you to manage. It also includes features that allow you to give device users secure access to work resources without fully managing the device.
Unmanaged and partially managed devices (devices that are activated on
BlackBerry UEMbut not fully managed)
You can activate a device on
BlackBerry UEMto provide secure access to work resources without fully managing the device. This option is often used for BYOD devices.
These activations can allow users to access your network over VPN using
BlackBerry 2FA, share files securely using
BlackBerry Workspaces, and install
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps such as
BlackBerry Accessto access work email and your work intranet.
Managed devices (devices that are managed by
You can activate a device to be fully manged by
BlackBerry UEM. This option is often used for corporate-owned devices.
This option lets you manage work data using commands and IT policy rules. You can manage work apps on the device, including
BlackBerry UEMsupports managing supervised
iOSdevices. Some IT policy rules are supported only on supervised devices
User privacyactivations can provide limited device management capabilities and allow users to access work data using
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps, such as
BlackBerry Access. You can choose to allow some of the following device management features:
- Access to SIM card and device hardware information: AllowBlackBerry UEMaccess to SIM card and device hardware information to enable SIM-based licensing.
- App management: Allow administrators to install or remove work apps and display a list of installed work apps in the user details screen.
- IT policy management: Allow a limited set of IT policy rules to be applied to the device (password policies, allow screenshots, allow documents from managed sources in unmanaged destinations, and allow documents from unmanaged sources in managed destinations).
- Email profile management: Allow email profiles to be applied to the device.
- Wi-Fiprofile management: AllowWi-Fiprofiles to be applied to the device.
- VPN profile management: Allow VPN profiles to be applied to the device.
MDM controlsactivations provide full support for managing
iOSdevices, including the following features:
- Enforce password requirements
- Control device capabilities using IT policies (for example, disable the camera orBluetooth)
- Enforce compliance rules
- Wi-Fiand VPN connection profiles (with proxy)
- Synchronize email, contacts, and calendar with devices
- Send CA and client certificates to devices for authentication and S/MIME
- Manage required and allowed public and internal apps, includingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps.
- Full support forAppleDEP and VPP
- Locate and protect lost or stolen devices