Add an Android app to the app list if BlackBerry UEM is configured for Android Enterprise devices
Androidapp to the app list if
BlackBerry UEMis configured for
If you have configured support forGoogleallows
Android Enterprisedevices, the connection to
BlackBerry UEMto get app information from
Google Play. The connection to
Google Playis made directly from the computer that is running the
BlackBerry UEMconsole. If your organization is using a proxy server, you must ensure that no SSL interception occurs. For more information on ports that must be open, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 52777. For more information about configuring
BlackBerry UEMto support
Android Enterprisedevices, see the Configuration content
BlackBerry UEMis not configured to support
Android Enterprisedevices, see Add an Android app to the app list if BlackBerry UEM is not configured for Android Enterprise devices.
Google Playto manage apps in the
Samsung KNOX Workspace, devices must have
Samsung KNOX2.7.1 or later installed and you must allow
Google Playapp management for
Samsung KNOX Workspacedevices in the activation profile.
In an upcoming release of
BlackBerry UEM, the settings applicable to
BlackBerry Hub+ and
Divide Productivitywill be removed from the email profile and will be available only in an app configuration in the app settings. In this release, if you configure app settings in the email profile and in an app configuration, the app configuration takes precedence if both are assigned.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- Search for the app that you want to add or pick an app on the store home page.
- Select the app.
- To accept app permissions on behalf of users, clickApprove. You must accept the app permissions to allow required apps to be automatically installed onAndroid Enterprisedevices or inKNOX Workspace. If you don't accept the app permissions on behalf of users, the app can't be managed inBlackBerry UEM.
- On theApproval Settingstab, choose how you would like to handle new app permission requests when there is an updated app.
- To automatically accept the new permissions added by the app vendor, selectKeep approved when app requests new permissions.
- To manually re-accept the new app permissions added by the app vendor before the app can be sent to new devices, selectRevoke app approval when this app requests new permissions. For more information about updating app permissions, see Update app permissions for Android Enterprise apps.
- If you selected theRevoke app approval when this app requests new permissionsoption on the Notifications tab, add a subscriber to be notified when the app permission changes. The administrator will have to re-approve the app before users can access it.
- In theApp descriptionfield, type a description for the app.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAddand browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- In theSend todrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If you want the app to be sent to allAndroiddevices, selectAll Android devices.
- If you want the app to be sent to onlyAndroiddevices that useSamsung KNOX Workspace, selectSamsung KNOX Workspace devices.
- If you want the app to be sent only toAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAndroid devices with a work profile.
- For apps that support configuration settings, anApp configurationtable is displayed. If you want to create an app configuration, complete the following steps:
- Click to add an app configuration.
- Type a name for the app configuration and specify the configuration settings to use.
- If necessary, use the arrows to move the profiles up or down the ranking. When an app is assigned more than once with different app configurations, the app configuration with the higher rank applies.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the app
Create a category for the app
- In the drop-down list, select a category.
- Type a name for the category. The new category will appear in the drop-down list with the "new category" label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.