Activate an Android device with the MDM controls activation type
Androiddevice with the
MDM controlsactivation type
These steps apply only to devices assigned the
MDM controlsactivation type. This activation type is deprecated for devices with
Android10. Attempts to activate
Android10 and later devices with the
MDM controlsactivation type will fail. For more information, visit https://support.blackberry.com/community to read article 48386.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM Client. You can download theBlackBerry UEM ClientfromGoogle Play.
- On the device, tapUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement. TapI Agree.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- If necessary, type the server address. TapNext. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, openBlackBerry UEM Client. TapAbout. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.