Activate an Android Enterprise device using a managed Google
Android Enterprisedevice using a managed
These steps apply to devices that are assigned the
Work space only(
Android Enterprise) or
Work and personal - full control(
Android Enterprise) activation type. If users are activating
Work and personal - user privacydevices, send them instructions to Activate an Android Enterprise device with the Work and personal - user privacy activation type.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
Make sure you have the following information that was sent by your administrator in one or more email messages:
- Activation username
- BlackBerry UEMactivation password
- If you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset your device to the factory default setting.
- During the device setup, in theAdd your accountscreen, type afw#blackberry.
- On the device, tapInstallto install theBlackBerry UEM Client.
- Read the license agreement. TapI Agree.
- TapAllowto allowUEM Clientto make and manage phone calls.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- If necessary, type the server address. TapNext. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On theSet up your devicescreen, tapAccept & Continueand wait while the work profile is set up.
- On theUnlock selectionscreen, choose an unlock method.
- On theSecure start-upscreen tapYesto require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password, type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. TapDone.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.