Create a device SR requirements profile for Android Enterprise devices
OS update rules apply only to
Work space onlyand
Work and personal - full controldevices. App update rules apply to all
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickCompliance > Device SR requirements
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- Click theAndroidtab.
- ForWork space onlyandWork and personal - full controldevices, perform the following steps to set rules for OS updates:
- In theOS update ruletable, click .
- In theDevice modeldrop-down list, select a device model.
- In theOS versiondrop-down list, select the installed OS version.
- In theUpdate rulelist, select one of the following options:
- SelectDefaultto allow the user to choose when to install updates.
- SelectUpdate automaticallyto install updates without prompting the user.
- SelectUpdate automatically betweento install updates between the times you specify without prompting the user. The user can choose to install updates outside of this window.
- SelectPostpone up to 30 daysto block installation of updates for 30 days. After 30 days, the user can choose when to install an update. Depending on the device manufacturer and wireless service provider, security updates might not be postponed.
- When you are done, clickAdd.
- Repeat step 6 for each rule that you want to add.
- To specify an update period for apps that are running in the foreground, selectEnable update period for apps that are running in the foreground, and set the following options:
- Start time (local device time): Specifies the time when apps will start to update.
- Duration: Specifies the number of hours that you will allow apps to be updated.
- To specify howGoogle Playapplies the changes to apps running in the foreground, select App auto update policy. Select one of the following options:
- User can allow: The user is prompted to allow the apps to update on the device. Note that this is the default setting if you don't select the App auto update policy option
- Always: The apps will always update. Note that for an app that is always running, such asBlackBerry UEM Client,BlackBerry Work, orBlackBerry Connectivity, if you don't select the Enable update period for apps that are running in the foreground option, the app will not update until the user manually updates the app on the device.
- Wi-Fi only: The apps will update only when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Note that for an app that is always running, such asBlackBerry UEM Client,BlackBerry Work, orBlackBerry Connectivity, if you don't select theEnable update period for apps that are running in the foregroundoption, the app will not update until the user manually updates the app on the device.
- Disable: The apps will never update.Note that if you selectAlways,Wi-Fi only, orDisable, the user cannot select a different option on the device. For example, if you selectDisablein the profile, the user cannot enable an app to update on the device.
If necessary, rank profiles.