Activate multiple devices using zero-touch enrollment for Android Enterprise devices
Zero-touch enrollment allows you to deploy a large number of
Android Enterprisedevices at one time.
Your organization purchases these devices from an authorized enterprise reseller, who sets up a zero-touch enrollment account and adds the devices to the account to provision them for device management. When users set up these devices for the first time, the devices will automatically download the
BlackBerry UEM Clientand start the activation process with
BlackBerry UEM. The user must complete the activation process to use the device.
For more information about zero-touch enrollment and how to configure it, see the
Android EnterpriseHelp and https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/7514005.
To use zero-touch enrollment in
BlackBerry UEM, devices must be running
Android8.0 or later and have been enabled for zero-touch enrollment.
- Purchase supported devices from an approved enterprise reseller. The reseller sets up a zero-touch enrollment account for your organization.
- In the zero-touch platform, the reseller adds the devices that you purchased.
- In theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > External integration.
- ClickAndroid enterprise.
- At the bottom of the screen, clickLearn more.
- Copy the string generated by thisBlackBerry UEMinstance for use when configuring devices in the zero-touch enrollment portal.You can either leave the username field blank or edit it to include a username so that only that username can be used to log in to the device that uses the configuration.
- In the zero-touch platform, create configurations and assign them to the devices that you purchased.
- InBlackBerry UEM, verify that the appropriate profiles and IT policies are assigned to users. To use zero-touch enrollment, you must assign an activation profile with the "Work and personal - full control (Android Enterprisefully managed device with work profile)" or "Work space only (Android Enterprisefully managed device) " activation type enabled.
- Distribute the devices to users.