Add an enrollment configuration
An enrollment configuration allows you to define how devices that are enrolled in DEP are set up when they are activated in
BlackBerry UEM. You can create as many enrollment configurations as your organization needs.
- On the menu bar, clickSettings.
- In the left pane, clickExternal integration > Apple Device Enrollment Program.
- Click the name of a DEP account.
- In theDEP enrollment configurationssection, click .
- Type a name for the configuration.
- Complete one of the following tasks:
- If you wantBlackBerry UEMto automatically assign the enrollment configuration when DEP devices synchronize toBlackBerry UEM, select the "Automatically assign all new devices to this configuration" checkbox.BlackBerry UEMsynchronizes withAppleDEP on a daily schedule and whenever you view theAppleDEP devices page.If you previously created an enrollment configuration with this setting and the configuration was applied to devices,BlackBerry UEMdoes not assign the new enrollment configuration.You can select only one enrollment configuration to be automatically assigned to new DEP devices. If you previously created an enrollment configuration with this setting, the setting is removed from the previous configuration and added to the new one.
- If you want to manually assign the enrollment configuration to specific devices, leave the "Automatically assign all new devices to this configuration" box unchecked.
- Optionally, type a department name and support phone number to be displayed on devices during setup.
- In theDevice configurationsection, select from the following options:
- Allow pairing - if selected, users can pair the device with a computer
- Enable supervised mode - if selected, devices are activated in supervised mode. You must select at least one of "Enable supervised mode" or "Allow removal of MDM profile."
- Mandatory - if selected, users are not prompted to accept the enrollment configuration
- Allow removal of MDM profile - if selected, users can deactivate devices. You must select at least one of "Enable supervised mode" or "Allow removal of MDM profile."
- Wait until device is configured - if selected, users cannot cancel the device setup until activation withBlackBerry UEMis completed. This setting is valid only if you select "Enable supervised mode."
- In theSkip during setupsection, select the items that you do not want to include in the device setup:
- Passcode - if selected, users are not prompted to create a device passcode
- Location services - if selected, location services are disabled on the device
- Restore - if selected, users cannot restore data from a backup file
- Move from Android - if selected, users cannot restore data from an Android device
- AppleID - if selected users are prevented from signing in toAppleID and iCloud
- Terms and conditions - if selected, users do not see theiOSterms and conditions
- Siri- if selected,Siriis disabled on devices
- Diagnostics - if selected, diagnostic information is not automatically sent from the device during setup
- Biometric - if selected, users cannot set upTouch ID
- Payment - if selected, users cannot set up Apple pay
- Zoom - if selected, users cannot set up Zoom
- Home button setup - if selected, users cannot adjust the Home button's click
- If you selected "Automatically assign new devices to this configuration," clickYes.
If you did not select "Automatically assign new devices to this configuration", see Assign an enrollment configuration to iOS devices.