Specify the default settings for activation passwords
You can specify the default time an activation password remains valid before it expires. You can also specify the length of automatically generated passwords that are sent to users in one of the activation email messages and you can specify whether or not the activation period expires after the first device is activated.
The value that you enter for the activation password expiration appears as the default setting in the Activation password expiration field in the Set device activation password and Add a user windows.
For devices that are activated using
Samsung KNOX Mobile Enrollment, you can also specify whether to allow users to use their
Microsoft Active Directorycredentials to activate their devices.
- On the menu bar, clickSettings.
- In the left pane, expandGeneral settings.
- ClickActivation defaults.
- In theActivation period expirationfield, enter the default time that an activation password (orQR Code) remains valid before it expires. The time can be from 1 minute to 30 days.
- If necessary, select theActivation period expires after the first device is activatedcheck box.
- Select or clear theAllow QR codes for device activationcheck box. If selected, you can choose to send aQR Codeto users instead of an activation password. If you don't select this option, the option to send aQR Codeis not available in the activation email template.
- If necessary, for devices that are activated usingKNOX Mobile Enrollment, selectAllow use of Microsoft Active Directory username and password.
- Select or clear theSend device activated notificationcheck box. If selected, the user receives an email message when a device is activated.
- In theAutogenerated activation password lengthfield, specify the length of the automatically generated activation password. The value can be from 4 to 16.
- In theAutogenerated password complexitysection, select one or more of the following options:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Special characters or symbols
- Select or clear theTurn on registration with the BlackBerry Infrastructurecheck box to modify how users activate their mobile devices. If you don't select this option, users will be asked to provide the server address forBlackBerry UEMwhen they activate devices. For more information, see Turn on user registration with the BlackBerry Infrastructure.