Send an activation email to multiple users
You can send activation email messages to multiple users at one time. When you send an activation email to multiple users, the activation password is autogenerated. If you want to set the activation password, see Set an activation password and send an activation email message.
The email is sent from the email address that you configured in the SMTP server settings.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Select the check box for each user that you want to send an activation email to.
- Click .
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, perform one of the following tasks:
- If you want users to activate their devices with the activation profile that is currently assigned to them, selectDefault device activation.
- If you want to pair an activation password with a specific activation profile, selectDevice activation with specified activation profile. For more information about pairing activation passwords with activation profiles, see Allowing users to activate multiple devices with different activation types.
- In theActivation passworddrop-down list, selectAutogenerate device activation password and send email with activation instructions.
- Optionally, change the activation period expiration. The activation period expiration specifies how long the activation password remains valid.
- If you want the activation password to be valid only for one device activation, selectActivation period expires after the first device is activated.
- In theActivation email templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use.