Activate BlackBerry 10 devices using the BlackBerry Wired Activation Tool
BlackBerry 10devices using the
BlackBerry Wired Activation Tool
- Configure theBlackBerry Wired Activation Tooland log in to aBlackBerry UEMinstance.
- Turn on all connected devices and make sure that all devices have either completed the initial setup process, or that they haven't started it. You can't activate devices if the initial setup process is in progress.
- Connect one or moreBlackBerry 10devices to your computer using USB cables.
- Check theStatuscolumn for each device. Perform one of the following actions:
- If the Status column displaysRequires password, clickRequires passwordto enter the password for the device
- If the Status column displaysUnsupported device, upgrade the device software toBlackBerry 10 OSversion 10.3 or later
- If the Status column displaysReady, assign the device to a user
- In theSearchfield, search for a user account that you want to assign a device to.
- In the list of search results, click the user account.
- In the main section of the screen, click a user account name and drag the name to a device to assign the device to that user. Repeat this step to assign devices to multiple users.
- Select the checkbox next to the user and device pairs that you want to activate.
- ClickActivate devices.
BlackBerry Wired Activation Toolactivates all the devices you selected. Check the Status column for the progress and results for each device. If an activation doesn't complete, click the message in the Status column for more information about errors.