Configure the BlackBerry Wired Activation Tool and log in to a BlackBerry UEM
BlackBerry Wired Activation Tooland log in to a
Before you can activate devices with the
BlackBerry Wired Activation Tool, you must create a configuration for each
BlackBerry UEMinstance you need to access. After you create a configuration, you must also use an administrator account to allow the
BlackBerry Wired Activation Toolto access
BlackBerry Web Services.
- In theBlackBerry Wired Activation Toolinstallation folder, double-click theBWAT.exefile.
- In theAdd a BES12 server screen, in theNamefield, type a name to identify the configuration you're creating. For example, if you have twoBlackBerry UEMinstances, you might create a configuration for each one and name them Server 1 and Server 2.
- In theBlackBerry Web Services URLfield, type the address for theBlackBerry Web Servicescomponent. The default address is https://<BlackBerry UEM web address>:18084.You can change the port by modifying thetomcat.bws.portsetting in theBlackBerry UEMdatabase.
- In theBCP Endpoint URLfield, type the address to use for device activations. This is also known as the Activation URL or Server name. The default address is: http://server.name:8882/SRP_ID/mdm.You can find the address by making sure the %ActivationURL% variable is in the Activation email template and clickingView activation emailfrom any User summary screen.If necessary, you can also look up the host address and port in theBlackBerry UEMdatabase. In thedef_cfg_setting_dfntable, find theid_setting_definitionvalues forbdmi.enroll.bcp.hostandbdmi.enroll.bcp.port. Then use theid_setting_definitionvalues to look up the values of those settings in theobj_global_cfg_setting.
- In theLog inscreen, select aBlackBerry UEMconfiguration from the drop-down list.
- In theUsernamefield, type the username of aBlackBerry UEMuser account with administrator permissions.
- In thePasswordfield, type the password for the account.
- In theDirectorydrop-down list, select an authentication method.
- If required, in theDomainfield, type theMicrosoft Active Directorydomain.
- ClickLog in.