Activate an Android Enterprise device without a Google
Android Enterprisedevice without a
These steps apply to devices that do not have access to
Google Play. The devices may be assigned the
Work space only(
Work and personal - full control(
Android Enterprise), or
Work and personal - user privacy(
Android Enterprise) activation type.
A secondary device that has the
BlackBerry UEM Enrollapp installed is required. The same device can be used to help activate an unlimited number of devices with
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- Make sure you have the following information that was sent by your administrator in one or more email messages:
- Activation username
- BlackBerry UEMactivation password
- You must have a secondary device that has theBlackBerry UEMEnroll app installed. To download and install the app on a secondary device, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 42607.
- On the device that you want to activate, if you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset your device to the factory default setting.
- On the secondary device, open theBlackBerry UEM Enrollapp. Make sure that NFC is enabled on the device.
- TapActivate device.
- Tap the backs of both devices together.
- On the device that you want to activate, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install theBlackBerry UEM Client.
- Read the license agreement. TapI Agree.
- TapAllowto allowUEM Clientto make and manage phone calls.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- If necessary, type the server address. TapNext. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On theSet up your devicescreen, tapAccept & Continueand wait while the work profile is set up.
- On theUnlock selectionscreen, choose an unlock method.
- On theSecure start-upscreen tapYesto require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password, type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. TapDone.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.
- If necessary, open the email app that your organization wants you to use (for example,BlackBerry Hub) and follow the instructions to set up email on your phone.