Activate a Windows 10
Windows 10 Mobiledevice
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- In the browser on your device, type or paste the certificate server address. You can find the certificate server address in the activation email you received. If you did not receive a link to the certificate, contact your administrator for assistance.
- Tap the certificate.
- Tap theWindowsbutton to return to the Start menu.
- Swipe left to open the apps menu.
- Perform one of the following tasks:Device OS versionStepsWindows 10version 1607 or later
Windows 10version earlier than 1607
- TapSettings > Accounts > Access work or school.
- TapEnroll only in device management.
- TapSettings > Accounts > Work access.
- In theEmail addressfield, type your work email address and tapEnter.
- If you are prompted, in theServerfield, type the server name and tapContinue. You can find the server name in the activation email that you received from your administrator or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Servicewhen you set your activation password.
- In theActivation passwordfield, type your activation password and tapContinue. You can find your activation password in an email that you received from your administrator, or you can set your own activation password inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- The activation process is complete.
- To verify that the activation process completed successfully, you can perform the following actions:
- On the device, click Settings > Accounts > Access work or school (or Work access) to confirm that your device is connected toBlackBerry UEM. Click the briefcase icon > Info to check the sync status information.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.
- If requested by your administrator, add your work account to Accounts used by other apps so that you can access required online apps.
- ForWindows 10version 1607 or later, click Settings > Accounts > Access work and school > Connect. Type your work email address and password.
- ForWindows 10version earlier than 1607, click Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts. Under Accounts used by other apps, click Add a work or school account, and type your work email address and password.