Activate an iOS version 12.2 or later device with the MDM controls activation type
These steps apply to devices with
iOSversion 12.2 or later that are enrolled using MDM controls or using User Privacy with MDM options enabled.
During MDM enrollment on
iOSversion 12.2 or later, users must leave the
BlackBerry UEM Clientapp to manually install the MDM profile. These steps are not required for earlier versions of
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp. You can download theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp from theApp Store.
- On the device, tapUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tapI Agree.
- Do one of the following:
- Use a QR Code to activate your device. Scan the QR Code that you received in the activation email or that you generated inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Manually activate your device.
- Type your work email address and tapGo.
- If necessary, type the server address and tapGo. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type your activation password and tapActivate My Device.
- When prompted to install a certificate, tapOK.
- When prompted to download the configuration profile, tapAllow.
- After the download is complete, openSettings.
- TapGeneraland navigate toProfiles.
- To install the profile, tapUEM Profile.
- After the installation is complete, return to theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp to complete the enrollment.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, open theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp and tapAbout. In the Activated Device and Compliance Status sections, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.