Set an activation password and send an activation email message
You can set an activation password and send a user an activation email with the information required to activate one or more devices.
The email is sent from the email address that you configured in the SMTP server settings.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the name of the user account.
- In the Activation details pane, clickSet activation password.
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, perform one of the following tasks:
- If you want the user to activate their device with the activation profile that is currently assigned to them, selectDefault device activation. You can see the activation profile that is assigned to the user in the IT policy and profiles section on the Summary tab.
- If you want to pair an activation password with a specific activation profile, selectDevice activation with specified activation profile. For more information, see Allowing users to activate multiple devices with different activation types.
- In theActivation passworddrop-down list, perform one of the following tasks:
- If you want to automatically generate a password, selectAutogenerate device activation password and send email with activation instructions. When you select this option, you must select an email template to send the information to the user.
- If you want to set an activation password for the user and, optionally, send an activation email, selectSet device activation password.
- Optionally, change the activation period expiration. The activation period expiration specifies how long the activation password remains valid.
- If you want the activation password to be valid only for one device activation, selectActivation period expires after the first device is activated.
- In theActivation email templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use.