Generate access keys for BlackBerry
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps require an access key to be activated on a device.
BlackBerry UEM Clientcan request access keys automatically from
BlackBerry UEMafter users install an app. You or a user must manually generate access keys and send them to activate
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps in the following situations:
- ForSamsung KNOX Workspacedevices
- ForiOSandAndroiddevices that don't need MDM and do not have theUEM Clientinstalled
- For users who want to activateBlackBerry Dynamicsapps on devices that don't require theBlackBerry UEM Client.
BlackBerry UEMto receive access keys. Users do not require an email address for you to generate an access key. Users can also generate access keys in
BlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the name of the user account.
- ClickSet activation password.
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, selectBlackBerry Dynamics access key generation.
- In theNumber of access keys to generatedrop-down list, select the number of access keys that you want to create for the user.
- Select the number of days that you want the access keys to remain valid.
- In theEmail templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use. If the user does not have an email address, selectNone. For more information, see Email templates.
- ClickSubmit.If the user does not have an email address, to find the access key, click the link that displays the number of generated keys in theActivation detailssection, underBlackBerry Dynamics access keys.