Dynamics app services
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp services
App services are shared functions that are offered by a mobile or server-based app. Using the
BlackBerry DynamicsSDKs, an app developer can expose a function of an app that other developers can use in their own
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps. Using the management console, you can register app services for your organization and supply the service definition from the developer. Your organization’s developers can review the registered app services and can leverage the available service definitions in the
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps that they create.
App services for select
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps and partner apps are also available for use, and you can view the associated service definitions in the management console. For more information about app service development, visit the
BlackBerry DynamicsDeveloper Community.
If you want to register an app service for your organization, verify that you have the app service ID, version number, and service definition.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > BlackBerry Dynamics.
- ClickApp services.
- Perform any of the following tasks:TaskStepsRegister an app service for your organization
Edit an app serviceUse the following steps to edit an app service that was registered for your organization (for example, to add a new version). You cannot change the app service type or ID. You cannot edit aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp service or partner app service.
- Click .
- In theService typedrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If the app service is offered by a mobile app, clickApplication.
- If the app service is offered by a server-based app, clickServer.
- In theIDfield, type the app service ID. The ID must be a unique string (all lowercase) in reverse DNS notation (for example, com.example.service.print).
- Type a name and description for the app service.
- In theVersionfield, type the version. The version number must include digits only. If you want to add one or more sub-version numbers (for example, the build version), use periods to separate the segments. Each segment cannot begin with 0 (for example, 1.1.5 is valid, 1.1.05 is not).
- Optionally, type a description for the version.
- In theService definitionfield, type the service definition in JSON format.
Delete an app serviceYou cannot delete aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp service or partner app service. Deleting an app service from the management console does not have any impact on the apps that offer or use the service, it simply removes the service definition from the management console so that your organization’s developers cannot refer to it.
- Search for the app service that you want to edit.
- Click the app service name.
- Edit the app service details as necessary. To add a new version, click and specify the version number, description, and service definition.Deleting an app service version does not have any impact on the apps that offer or use the service, it simply removes the service definition from the management console so that your organization’s developers cannot refer to it.
- Search for the app service that you want to remove.
- Click next to the service.
Optionally, you can bind an app service version to a managed app so that the management console can indicate that the app provides the service. For more information, see Manage settings for a BlackBerry Dynamics app.