What's new in BlackBerry UEM 12.10 MR1
BlackBerry UEM12.10 MR1
- Installation/Third-Party Software:OpenJDK8-based builds that are compatible withJava SE8 are now supported as an alternative to usingOracleJDK8. These builds and support are available from vendors such asAzul Systems(Zulu) orAdoptOpenJDK. For information about supportedJREversions, see the BlackBerry UEM Compatibility Matrix.
- Factory reset protection forAndroid Enterprisedevices: You can set up a Factory reset protection profile for your organization’sAndroid Enterprisedevices that have been activated using the Work space only activation type. This profile allows you to specify a user account that can be used to unlock a device after it has been reset to factory settings, or remove the need to sign in after the device has been reset to factory settings.
- Update period for apps that are running in the foreground: On devices that are activated withAndroid Enterprise, you can set an update period for apps that are running in the foreground because by default, when anAndroidapp is running in the foreground,Google Playcannot update it. You can also control howGoogle Playapplies the changes to the device such as the user can allow the change, or the change occurs only when the device is connected to aWi-Finetwork.
- Fingerprint authentication: You can now open theBlackBerry UEM Clientand configure fingerprint authentication afterBlackBerry Dynamicsapp activation is complete.
- TLS 1.2: All SSL connections betweenBlackBerry UEMandBlackBerry UEM Cloudand other internal and external systems now use TLS 1.2.
- Support for deploying B2B apps licensed with yourIf you have obtained B2B apps using yourAppleVPP account:AppleVPP account and added your VPP account toBlackBerry UEM, you can now assign those apps to users and groups inBlackBerry UEM.
New IT policy rules
Allow the user to remove or add a cellular plan to the eSIM on the device (supervised only)
Specify whether the user is able to remove or add a cellular plan to the eSIM on the device.
Allow changing cellular plan settings (supervised only)
Specify whether the user can change settings related to their cellular plan.