Set a device password and lock the device
If you have a
Windowsdevice, you can lock your device remotely and set or reset a device password. The device is locked and can be unlocked with the new password.
If you have an
OS Xdevice, you must set a 6-digit PIN. The device restarts and cannot be accessed without entering the PIN.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, select the device that you want to lock.
- ForBlackBerry 10devices, complete the following steps:
- ClickSpecify device password and lock.
- Type and confirm a new device password, and clickSubmit.
- ForAndroidorWindowsdevices, complete the following steps:
- ClickGenerate device password and lock.
- Type your email address and clickGenerate.
- ForOS Xdevices, complete the following steps:
- ClickLock device using PIN.
- Type a PIN and clickSubmit.