Activate an Android Enterprise device without a Google
Android Enterprisedevice without a
To activate a device without a
Google Playaccount, the device that you want to activate must be reset to factory default settings. The device downloads the
BlackBerry UEM Clientwhich is used to activate the device with
- You must have a secondary device that has theBlackBerry UEM Enrollapp installed.
- Both devices must have NFC enabled.
- On the device that you want to activate, if you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset the device to factory default settings.
- On the secondary device, open theBlackBerry UEM Enrollapp. Make sure that NFC is enabled.
- TapActivate device.
- Tap the backs of both devices together.
- On the device that you want to activate, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install theBlackBerry UEM ClientforAndroid.
- Read the license agreement. TapI Agree.
- TapAllowto allowUEM Clientto make and manage phone calls.
- Type your work email address. TapNext.
- If necessary, type the server address. TapNext. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type your activation password. TapActivate My Device.
- Wait while the profiles and settings are pushed to your device.
- On theSet up your devicescreen, tapAccept & Continueand wait while the work profile is set up.
- On theUnlock selectionscreen, choose an unlock method.
- On theSecure start-upscreen tapYesto require a password when the device starts.
- Type a device password and type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select one of the options for how you want your notifications to show. TapDone.
- If you are prompted, tapOKto allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plusand wait while the connection is turned on.