Workflow: Integrating BlackBerry Intelligent Security with BlackBerry Enterprise Identity
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitywith
BlackBerry Enterprise Identity
This workflow describes how
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitycan be integrated with
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityto dynamically adapt a user's authentication requirements based on their current level of risk.
- The administrator creates aBlackBerry Intelligent Securitypolicy in theBlackBerry Intelligent Security Analytics Portaland aBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy in theUEMmanagement console. The authentication policy specifies that if the user’s behavioral risk level is high, the minimum authentication that is required is both a password andBlackBerry 2FA.
- The administrator assigns theBlackBerry Intelligent Securitypolicy and theBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy to a user account. The policies are applied to the user's device.
- The user tries to log in to a work app or service on the device.
- The app or service invokesBlackBerry Enterprise Identityfor authentication.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Identitydetermines the authentication policy that is assigned to the user and retrieves the user’s current behavioral risk level fromBlackBerry Intelligent Security.
- If the user’s behavioral risk level is high, the user is prompted for a password andBlackBerry 2FAauthentication. The user enters their password and completes2FAauthentication.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Identitysends the user credentials toUEM.
- TheBlackBerry Enterprise Identityplug-in authenticates the user and returns the user identity.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Identityreturns the successful authentication result and the user is logged in to the app or service.