What is BlackBerry Intelligent Security?
BlackBerry Intelligent Security?
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityis a cloud service that can dynamically adapt the security requirements and behavior of your users' devices and work apps to their real-world contexts. For example, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is not typical for the user,
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitycan dynamically limit the user’s access to work apps, disable device features such as the camera, and enforce stricter authentication requirements. Likewise, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is typical for the user,
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitycan apply device behaviors that make it easier to access work apps and resources.
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityadds a layer of adaptive security to your organization’s existing
UEMdomain without introducing an additional software footprint. It is a cloud service that collects data from existing
BlackBerrysolutions, including BlackBerry Enterprise Identity and
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityservices gather and process behavioral data, app events, and location data to calculate risk levels for each user in real-time:
- Behavioral risk: An assessment of risk (low, medium, or high) based on the user’s typical activities.
- Continuous authentication risk: An assessment of risk based on a model of the user’s typical usage of aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp. If the app reports behaviors or events that do not fit the user’s model,BlackBerry Intelligent Securitytriggers an authentication prompt and the user must prove their identity if they want to continue using the app. Continuous authentication is currently supported only forBlackBerry Work.
- Geozone risk: An assessment of risk (low, medium, or high) based on the user’s proximity to learned locations. You can also define custom geozones with static risk levels (for example, a specific office location with a low risk level).
You can choose which risk engines you want
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityto use. For the different types and levels of risk, you can configure actions that you want
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityto execute when a user meets that risk criteria, including:
- Assigning the user to a localUEMgroup with policies, profiles, apps, and permissions appropriate for that risk level
- Temporarily blocking allBlackBerry Dynamicsapps
- Temporarily blocking the specificBlackBerry Dynamicsapp that initiated the risk assessment
After some initial configuration,
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitycontinuously applies adaptive and intelligent security standards to each user’s device and work apps based purely on the user’s behavior, device usage, and physical location, with no action required by users or administrators.
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityalso adds new functionality to
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policies. You can now incorporate a user’s behavioral risk level, geozone risk level, or a defined geozone into the factors that determine the authentication type required for work apps and services. For example, if a user's behavioral risk level is high, you can require the user to enter both a password and use
BlackBerry 2FAto access work apps.