Change the BlackBerry Intelligent Security operating mode
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityoperating mode
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityhas two operating modes:
- Passive: A training mode where theBlackBerry Intelligent Securityservices monitor data and build a risk model for each user, but the actions that are configured inBlackBerry Intelligent Securitypolicies are not executed. The risk factors specified in aBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy are not active.
- Active: TheBlackBerry Intelligent Securityservices monitor data and build a risk data model for each user. The actions that are configured inBlackBerry Intelligent Securitypolicies are executed based on each user’s current risk levels. The risk factors specified in aBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy are active.
BlackBerry Intelligent Securityoperates in passive mode. After you configure and assign
BlackBerry Intelligent Securitypolicies to user accounts,
BlackBerryrecommends using passive mode until regular user activity generates enough events to build accurate risk models and learned geozones for each user.
See Guidelines for developing risk models for suggestions for developing accurate risk models and verifying whether your environment is ready for active mode.
- Optional: Create a BlackBerry Enterprise Identity authentication policy and assign it to user groups.
- In theBlackBerry Intelligent Security Analytics Portal, on the menu bar, clickSettings > General settings.
- In theOperating modedrop-down list, click the desired operating mode.