Configure BEMS to access on-premises Microsoft Exchange
Server conversation histories
BEMSto access on-premises
Microsoft Exchange Serverconversation histories
You can enable the conversation history to allow users to access conversations that are saved in the Conversation History folder of the user's
Complete this task only if your environment includes an on-premises
Microsoft Exchange Server. If your environment uses
Microsoft Exchange Online, complete the instructions in Configure BEMS to access Microsoft Exchange Online conversation histories. Enable this feature to imitate a user's desktop client experience when they save the history of a
BlackBerry Connectchat to their
Microsoft Exchange Servermailbox.
Microsoft Exchangemailbox. Saving the conversation history is
- Supported in aSkype for Businesson-premises where users have mailboxes on an on-premisesMicrosoft Exchange Serverenvironments.
- Not supported in an on-premisesSkype for Businessenvironment where users have mailboxes onMicrosoft Office 365.
- Enable Autodiscovery on theMicrosoft Exchange Server. For instructions, see yourMicrosoft Exchange Serverdocumentation.
- Integrate theMicrosoft Lync ServerorSkype for Businessintegration with theMicrosoft Exchange Server. For instructions, see yourMicrosoft Exchange ServerandMicrosoft Lync ServerorSkype for Businessdocumentation.
- Install theMicrosoft Exchange ServerSSL certificates on the computer that hosts theConnectservice. If you do not correctly install the SSL certificate on the computer that hosts theConnectservice, the history logging to theMicrosoft Exchange Serverwill fail. For instructions, see yourMicrosoft Exchange Serverdocumentation.
- Verify that conversation history is enabled on the enterpriseMicrosoft Lync Server2013 orSkype for Businessfor which you configureBlackBerry Connect. For information about the supported instant messaging servers, see the BEMS Compatibility Matrix.
- Verify that theMicrosoft Lync ServerorSkype for Businesstopology forBEMSis prepared. For instructions, see "Preparing theMicrosoft Lync ServerandSkype for Businesstopology forBEMS" in the Installation content.
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server Dashboard, underBlackBerry Services Configuration, clickConnect.
- If necessary, clickService Accountand enter theBEMSservice account credentials.
- ClickMicrosoft Exchange.
- Select theEnable Conversation Historycheckbox. Complete the following actions:
- In thePlease enter the Microsoft Exchange Server informationfield, type the web address of yourMicrosoft Exchange Server.
- In theExchange Server Typedrop-down list, select theMicrosoft Exchange Serverversion that is in your environment.
- In theServer Write Intervalfield, type the frequency, in minutes, that each unique conversation is sent to theMicrosoft Exchange Server.
- If required, select theRequires Credentialcheckbox. Type the user name and password used to access theMicrosoft Exchange Server. Grant the account application impersonation permissions to theBEMSservice account. For instructions, Grant application impersonation permissions to the BEMS service account.