Configure the app resources in BlackBerry Online Account
BlackBerry Online Account
Complete this task in your
BlackBerry Online Accountto:
- Add the details of the app (name, description, entitlement ID, version, capabilities)
- Create a client template that defines the default settings for all clients that belong to the app; your customer will use this template to define an app client
- Entitle the app to your customer so they can define an app client
For all tasks that involve the use of
BlackBerry Online Account, see the BlackBerry Online Account User Guide for complete instructions.
- Log in to BlackBerry Online Account and navigate to your organization.
- On the menu bar, clickApplications. On theOrganizationtab, clickAdd Application.
- Specify the app details. In theCapabilitiessection, select theBlackBerry Platform APIscheck box only (unless you are making changes to an existing app that uses other capabilities). For example:
- Name: BB Sample 3rd Party OnPrem App
- Entitlement ID: com.domain.bb.sample.ua
- Entitlement version: 22.214.171.124
- Type: Application or Solutions
- Capabilities: BlackBerry Platform APIs
- ClickAdd Application.
- On theBlackBerry Platform APIstab for the app, on theTemplatetab, clickAdd Template.
- Specify the template details. Specify or select the following options:
The SampleWithAuthorizationCodeAndClientSecretRefreshToken.ps sample demonstrates the use of the authorization_code grant type with the use of a refresh token that can be used to request a new access token fromBlackBerry Enterprise Identityon expiry. The refresh token expiry is 1 year, and it must be stored securely. A new refresh token is provided with a new access token.
- Redirect URLs: the app web page address thatBlackBerry Enterprise Identitywill invoke as a browser redirect for user authentication (for example, https://localhost:9443/cb)
- Type: web
- Grant Type: recommend authorization_code or authorization_code,refresh_token
- Response Types: code
- Token Endpoint Auth Method
- Application Scope: Organization (this allows your customer to define the app client in theirBlackBerry Online Account)
- API Scopes: Mobile Device Management
- On the menu, clickManage Customers.
- Click a customer.
- In thePublishing Statuscolumn, click theUNPUBLISHEDcheck box to entitle the app to your customer.