Register the identity provider for your app
BlackBerry Spark SDKreuses the existing user identity within your application to facilitate getting the latest security threat information from the
BlackBerryCloud. The library works with your user identity and management systems to provide strong authentication and authorization.
In practice, an
OpenID ConnectIdentity Token belonging to the user that is currently logged in is provided to the
BlackBerry Spark SDKruntime.
BlackBerryvalidates this token against your identity provider's token introspection endpoint. This process avoids the need to rely on an application-specific API key.
You can use any identity provider as long as it is compliant with
OpenID Connect(https://openid.net/connect/). For more information, see Information about compliant IDPs.
If you don't have an identity provider, you can use
Firebaseas your identity provider (IDP).
When the IDP is registered, you are provided a
BlackBerryApp Client ID which you add to your app.
- Verify that you have the following information:
- The discovery URL of your IDP
- The Authorized Client ID for your app
- In your organization'sBlackBerryOnline Account, on the navigation menu, clickApplications.
- Click your app.
- On theIDPtab, in theIdentity Providersection, do the following:.
No other fields are required.
- In theDiscovery URLfield, type the discovery URL of the identity provider.
- In theClient IDfield, type the Authorized Client ID.
- ClickRegister IDP.A BlackBerry App Client ID is created.