Support for WKWebView
BlackBerry Dynamics SDK for iOSversion 4.2 and later supports secure WKWebView for displaying interactive web content.
Note the following support details:
- The SDK supports multiple WKWebView instances. The instances must be created programmatically.
- The SDK supports loading WKWebView from UIStoryBoard. To avoid any possible data leaks, you must load UIStoryBoard with the WKWebView component after the SDK is initialized.
- The secure Fetch API is supported.
- Synchronous XMLHttpRequests are supported foriOS12.2 and later, but the GET method is supported foriOS13.1 and later only.
The SDK’s implementation of secure WKWebView currently supports:
- Loading HTTP and HTTPS data
- Basic, Digest, NTLM,Kerberos, and ClientCertificate authentication
- Video and audio playback
- Asynchronous XHR requests
- HTML5 non-persistent local storage
- Sending the following types of body data using XMLHttpRequest: ArrayBuffer, Blob, FormData, URLSearchParams, USVString
The SDK’s implementation of secure WKWebView does not currently support:
- Secure WKWebView creation from UIStoryBoard, including WKWebView controls that are added with theXcodeInterface Builder tool
- The following Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) settings fromBlackBerry UEMor standaloneGood Controlfor long-press or 3D touch actions:
- Do not allow copying data fromBlackBerry Dynamicsapps into nonBlackBerry Dynamicsapps
- Do not allow copying data from nonBlackBerry Dynamicsapps intoBlackBerry Dynamicsapps
- HTML5 persistent local storage
- HTML attributes for a link tag (for example, preconnect)