Enable and configure safe browsing for BlackBerry
By default, safe browsing protection is enabled for
BlackBerry Tasks, and
BlackBerry Connect. You must assign a
CylancePROTECTprofile to user accounts to enable the feature on users’ devices.
- Check the software requirements to verify that the required versions ofBlackBerry Dynamicsapps are installed on users' devices.
- To extend safe browsing to otherBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, inSettings > CylancePROTECT > Safe browsing, on theProtected BlackBerry Dynamics appstab, edit the list to add additional apps.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Protection > CylancePROTECT.
- Create a newCylancePROTECTprofile or select and edit an existingCylancePROTECTprofile.
- Select theiOSorAndroidtab to configure safe browsing for that platform.
- Verify that theCheck for unsafe web resources within the BlackBerry Dynamics appscheck box is selected.
- In theAction for unsafe web resourcesdrop-down list, choose one of the following:
- To take no action and log information, clickMonitor and log.
- To block access to unsafe URLs, clickBlock.
- In theScanning optiondrop-down list, choose one of the following:
The approved and blocked domains that you configure are enforced regardless of the option that you choose.
- If you wantBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to send URLs toCylanceINFINITYto determine if they are safe, clickCloud scanning.
- If you want to use only the local machine learning models of theCylancePROTECTlibrary to identify unsafe URLs, clickOn device scanning.
- If you want to disable URL scanning, clickNo scanning.
- If you selected cloud or on-device scanning, and you want to give the user a warning and the option to proceed when a URL has been identified as unsafe, select theAllow users to override blocked resources and enable access to the requested domaincheck box.Note that users cannot choose to proceed to a URL in a blocked domain. This bypass feature does not apply to sub-resource URLs.
- If necessary, repeat steps 3 to 7 to configure safe browsing for the remaining OS platform.
- Assign the profile to users and groups.
- Optionally, approve or block web domains.