Configure compliance actions to take when a sideloaded app is detected
When a sideloaded app is detected on a user’s device,
UEMconsiders the device to be out of compliance. You can configure and assign a compliance profile to users so that
UEMcan take the appropriate action. For more information about creating and configuring compliance profiles, see Enforcing compliance rules for devices in the
When you first implement sideload detection, it is recommended to use the monitor and log option before you implement actions that are potentially more disruptive. After monitoring compliance activity for an appropriate amount of time, you can then implement the desired actions (for example, preventing users from using
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps until the device is compliant).
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Compliance > Compliance.
- Create a new compliance profile or select and edit an existing compliance profile.
- On theiOStab, in theCylancePROTECTsection, select theSideloaded app is installedcheck box.
- Configure the prompt settings (behavior, method, count, and interval) as desired.
- In theEnforcement action for devicedrop-down list, choose one of the following:
- To log information about the compliance issue without taking a compliance action, clickMonitor and log.
- To prevent the user from accessing work resources and apps on the device while it is out of compliance, clickUntrust. Note that this option does not impactBlackBerry Dynamicsapps. Data and apps are not deleted from the device.
- In theEnforcement action for BlackBerry Dynamics appsdrop-down list, choose one of the following options:
- To log information about the compliance issue without taking a compliance action forBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, clickMonitor and log.
- To prevent the user from accessingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps while the device is out of compliance, clickDo not allow BlackBerry Dynamics apps to run.
- Assign the profile to users and groups.
- Optionally, configure event notifications so that when a sideloaded app is detected on a user’s device, administrators receive an email notification that identifies the user, sideloaded apps, and trusted developers on the device. If the sideloaded apps on the device change (for example, it is removed from the device or added to the approved apps list)UEMsends another notification.
- In the management console, you can view information about compliance violations on the Managed devices screen (filter by compliance violations) or in a user's device details.