BlackBerry Work for Android version 126.96.36.1992
This release of BlackBerry Work for Android features the following enhancements:
- Disable out-of-office message: Administrators can use a policy rule to disable users from setting an out-of-office email message in BlackBerry Work.
- S/MIME encrypted messages (Beta feature): When users send S/MIME encrypted messages to distribution lists, BlackBerry Work will retrieve certificates from BEMS and then from Microsoft Exchange. If BlackBerry Work cannot find certificates for some of the recipients in the distribution list, a list of those recipients displays, and the user can remove them from the list and send the email message to the remaining recipients. Users can send S/MIME email messages to public distribution lists that contain a maximum of 100 email addresses. BEMS 3.1 is required to support this feature.
- Mailbox migration: Administrators can migrate a user’s email mailbox from a local Microsoft Active Directory to Office 365. While the migration is taking place, a message displays to let the user know that the migration is occurring. Migration from systems that use different authentication methods is supported. For example, migration from Exchange 2010 using Basic Authentication to Office 365 using Modern Authentication/ADAL.
- Add watermarks to BlackBerry Dynamics-enabled apps screens: Administrators can protect against data leakage by implementing an app policy that adds a watermark to the BlackBerry Dynamics-enabled apps (for example, BlackBerry Work, BlackBerry Work Docs, Contact, and Calendar). The watermark includes the username and the current date and time. This feature requires BlackBerry Work 3.2 or later that is running BlackBerry Dynamics SDK version 8.0 or later.
- View certificate details: Users can tap on the “Signed by” field in a Signed/Encrypted email message to view the certificate details.
- BlackBerry Persona: BlackBerry Intelligent Security has been renamed to BlackBerry Persona in Settings.
- EAS 16.1 support: BlackBerry Work now supports Microsoft Exchange Active Sync 16.1.
- Calendar improvements: The following improvements were made to the calendar: notes text, html formatting, hyperlinks, embedded images, and conferencing links.
- Attachment icon: When a calendar event has an attachment, an attachment icon displays.
- Push sync changes: When a user has the sync frequency set to “Push sync”, if Push sync is unavailable, Auto-sync will be temporarily turned on. Push sync will be automatically re-enabled when it is available.
- Phone app permission: During activation, the user can choose to Allow or Deny the BlackBerry Work app to manage phone calls. If the user selects “Allow”, provisioning is completed with an entry in Outlook for a registered phone with a phone number and operator name. If the user selects “Deny”, provisioning is completed but without a phone number and operator name for a registered phone in Outlook.
- Offline folder enhancements: BlackBerry Work Docs now supports marking folders for offline. When users add folders to or remove folders from offline, the files contained within the folders are added to and removed from offline, respectively. Administrators can designate files or folders to users’ offline folder. For administrators to designate a file or folder offline, BEMS 3.0 or later is required.
- Support for PAC when viewing html files:BlackBerry Work Docs
BlackBerry Dynamics SDK, BlackBerry Launcher, and BlackBerry Analytics Versions
- BlackBerry Dynamics SDK: 188.8.131.52
- BlackBerry Launcher: 184.108.40.206
- BlackBerry Analytics: 220.127.116.11
- BlackBerry Work 18.104.22.1689 > BlackBerry Work 22.214.171.1242
- BlackBerry Work 126.96.36.1997 > BlackBerry Work 188.8.131.522
- BlackBerry Work 184.108.40.2069 > BlackBerry Work 220.127.116.117 > BlackBerry Work 18.104.22.1682