Configure BlackBerry Work for iOS and Android app settings for Office
365 modern authentication
Androidapp settings for
Office 365modern authentication
You must add your
Exchange ActiveSyncserver information and, optionally, configure other settings.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click theBlackBerry Workapp.
- On theBlackBerry Dynamicstab, in the App configuration table, click +.
- Type a name for the app configuration.
- On theAdvanced Configurationsettings tab, underOffice 365 Settingsconfigure the following settings:
- Optionally, select theUse Office 365 Modern Authenticationoption to use modern authentication instead of basic authentication. Modern authentication enablesBlackBerry Workto use sign-in features such as multi-factor authentication, SAML-based third-party identity providers, and smart card and certificate-based authentication. This option overrides autodiscover and provisionsBlackBerry Workto use outlook.office365.com for mail settings. If this is not required in your environment, do not enable this option and manually configure your ActiveSync endpoint in the BlackBerry Work app configuration settings on the Basic Configuration tab. For more information, see the BlackBerry Work app configuration settings.
- In theAzure App IDfield, specify theMicrosoft Azureapp ID forBlackBerry Work. For information on how to obtain anAzureID, see Obtain an Azure app ID for BlackBerry Work
- In theOffice 365 Sign On URLfield, specify the web address thatBlackBerry Workshould use when signing in toOffice 365. If you do not specify a value,BlackBerry Workwill use https://login.microsoftonline.com during setup. In most configurations, this field should be left blank.
- In theOffice 365 Tenant IDfield, specify the tenant ID of theOffice 365server that you wantBlackBerry Workto connect to during setup.
- In theOffice 365 Resourcefield, specify the URL of theMicrosoft Exchange Onlineserver. In theRedirect URIfield, specify the URI that you entered in theMicrosoft Azureportal. In most configurations, this field should be left blank.
- Select theUse Office 365 Modern Authentication for Presenceoption to use modern authentication with the presence service. TheEnable presence serviceoption on the Apps Settings tab must also be selected.
- Optionally, select theProxy Office 365 Modern Authentication requests (Android only)setting to force allOffice 365modern authentication requests to go through theBlackBerry Proxyinstead of connecting directly to the Internet. This setting should be enabled if your organization's authentication server is not published externally to the internet. If your authentication server is published externally, this setting is optional.
- Optionally, enable theMigration Flow Enabledoption. Enabling this option allows users' email to continue to synchronize and minimizes downtime during the migration. If this option is not enabled, users can't send or receive email during the migration. For more information about enabling the migration flow, see Enable the mailbox migration flow.
- Optionally, configure any other settings. See app configuration settings for a description of all of the settings that you can configure.