Protect files and attachments
You can protect unprotected email and calendar attachments,
Microsoft Officefiles that you saved in your Local Docs folder, and
Microsoft Officefiles that you are previewing to a server location. You can protect multiple files in a secure enterprise File Share and from enterprise
Box, and CMIS repository sites. Protecting multiple files in zipped files and in your Local Docs folder is not supported. Protected files are displayed with for easy identification below the file. If you do not see an option to protect the file or attachment, your administrator has not enabled this feature for you.
- Complete one of the following tasks:DescriptionStepsProtect an attachment received in an email message or calendar event
Protect a savedMicrosoft Officefile
- In a received email message or calendar event, tap the .
- Tap a file to open it in preview mode.
- Tap >Save As Protected.
- OpenBlackBerry WorkDocsand navigate to the file or files that you want to protect.
- Complete one of the following
- To protect a single file, tap the file to preview it.
- To protect multiple files, tap the and then tap next to your choices.
- Tap >Protect. Protected files cannot be set to offline.
- Select a protection option.
- Navigate to a folder on the server to save the file. Protected files cannot be saved to the Local Docs folder on your device.