Data storage and aging
Personal information and email on your
Androiddevice is stored indefinitely, with the following limitations and exceptions:
- The storage limit forBlackBerry Workdata (mail, calendar, and contacts) depends on available memory on your device. Email aging is based on the "sync window" which you define. The values can be set to 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, or No Sync Limit. For more information, see "Days to Sync" in Personal Settings in Change BlackBerry Work for Android settings. The Inbox will display up to 5,000 email messages, and other folders will display up to 2,000 email messages, starting with the most recent.
- In initially synchronizing your Calendar, the timeframe is set to the month previous plus all future events. There is no practical limit on the size of your Calendar, although it can only use as much as the Android operating system allocates to it.
- There is no limit on the number of contacts stored. BlackBerry Work does not preallocate storage and is limited only to the amount of storage allocated to it by theAndroidOS.
- BlackBerry Work for Androiddoes not cache email attachments.
- The maximum length of an email is 200 KB.
If your device ever runs out of space for new contacts, you must delete existing contacts to make room for the new ones. Be sure to do this from the device, not from your desktop business account. To preserve contacts before deleting them from the device, use the Export feature on your desktop or laptop. Note that you must first export the data from your business account and your desktop or laptop before deleting it from your mobile device.