Configure Skype for Business Online for the Presence service
Skype for Business Onlinefor the
Environments configured to use
Skype for Business Onlinethat are using non-trusted application mode use Unified Communications Web API (UCWA) software for the
Presenceservice to communicate with the instant messaging server.
- Have the following information. If you configured theConnectservice, reuse the tenant name and app ID and app Key. For instructions, see Obtain an Azure app ID for the BEMS-Connect, BEMS-Presence, and BEMS-Docs component service.
- Tenant name
- Service app ID and app Key
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server Dashboard, underBlackBerry Services Configuration, clickPresence.
- If necessary, clickService Accountand type the login credentials for theBEMSservice account.
- ClickSkype for Business.
- Configure theSkype for Business Onlinesettings:
- Select theSkype for Business Onlinecheckbox.
- In theTenant name/IDfield, enter the tenant name for yourSkype for Business Online. If you need to connect to more than one tenant, entercommon.
- In theBlackBerry BEMS Connect/Presence Service App IDfield, enter theBlackBerryBEMSConnectservice app ID. For instructions on obtaining the app ID, see Obtain an Azure app ID for the BEMS-Connect, BEMS-Presence, and BEMS-Docs component service.
- In theBlackBerry BEMS Connect/Presence Service App Keyfield, enter theBlackBerryBEMSConnectservice app key. For instructions on obtaining the app key, see Obtain an Azure app ID for the BEMS-Connect, BEMS-Presence, and BEMS-Docs component service.
- In theBlackBerry Presence Client App IDfield, enter the enter theBlackBerry Workapp ID. For instructions, see Obtain an Azure app ID for BlackBerry Work.
- ClickTestto verify that theAzureinformation is valid.
- Sign in to a user account.
- If you configured thePresenceservice forSkype for Business Online, you do not need to start theGood Technology Presenceservice.Skype for Business Onlinedon't require thePresenceservice to view users' presence status. If you try to start the service, the following error message is displayed.Windows could not start the Good Technology Presence service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access denied.