Create an email
BlackBerry Work, you can open a new email from your inbox or another mailbox, from Contacts, or from Calendar.
- From your Inbox or any folder, tap . From your Contacts, tap a recipient's email address.
- Tap theTofield and type a recipient's name. As you type,BlackBerry Worksuggests names from your Contacts and your organization's Global Address List (GAL). Note that your Outlook personal distribution lists can also be supported. Tap the beside a name to exclude it from future suggestions.
- Tap >Add Cc/Bccto add recipients.
- Tap theSubjectfield to enter the subject line of your email.
- Optionally, tap >Attach fileto include an attachment. You can attach image files from the Photo library and document files from Docs on your device, or you can take a picture with the device camera and attach the photo. Attachments are listed to the right of the Subject field. To remove an attachment, tap the attachment and tap the .
- Tap in the body of the email to compose your message.
- Tap a word to add it to the dictionary, delete it, or accept a spelling suggestion from a drop-down list.
- To open formatting options, do the following:
- Tap and hold a word to select it.
- Drag the left or right handles to expand or narrow your selection.
- In the toolbar, tapSelect All,Cut,Copy, orPaste. (These options may be disabled by your administrator.)
- TapB,I, orUto apply bold, italic, or underline the selection. Tap an option again to remove the formatting.If the formatting toolbar does not appear automatically, tap . Tap the icon again to hide the toolbar.
- When your message is complete, tap .