Obtain an Azure app ID for the Connect client
Azureapp ID for the
To grant permissions, you must use an account with tenant administrator privileges.
- Log on to portal.azure.com.
- In the left column, clickAzure Active Directory.
- ClickApp registrations.
- ClickNew registration.
- In theNamefield, enter a name for the application.
- Select a supported account type.
- In theRedirect URIdrop-down list, selectPublic client (mobile & desktop)and enterurn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
- Add an additional Redirect URI.
- In the App that you registered, on theOverviewpage, clickRedirect URIs.
- In the Redirect URIs section, click the Type column drop-down list, selectPublic client (mobile & desktop), and entercom.blackberry.connect://ADAL/
- To allow autodiscovery to function as expected, set the authentication permissions.
- In theManagesection, clickAuthentication.
- Under theImplicit grantsection, select theID Tokenscheckbox.
- In theDefault client type, selectYes.
- ClickAPI permissions.
- ClickAdd a permission.
- In theSelect an APIsection, clickAPIs my organization uses.
- ClickAdd permissions.
- Complete only one of the following tasks:These tasks requires tenant administrator privileges.
- In theAPI permissionsscreen, clickGrant admin consent for <. Clickorganizational directory name>Yes.
- ClickAzure Active Directory > Users > User settings. ClickManage how end users launch and view their applications. Set theUsers can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalftoNo. ClickSave.Complete this option to present eachBlackBerry Connectuser with a prompt to approve that their user account is used to access theConnectservice when they log in.
- Copy theApplication (client) ID. The Application (client) ID is displayed in the mainOverview. This is used for the following:
- Client IDin theAzureportal,Expose an API > Add a client applicationscreen
- BlackBerry Connect Client App IDin theBEMSdashboard forBlackBerry Connect
- BlackBerry Presence Client App IDin theBEMSdashboard forBlackBerry Presence