Manage your tasks
When you open
BlackBerry Tasks, a list of your active tasks is displayed. By default, the list is synchronized with the tasks in your work email account when you open the app and at 15 minute intervals while it is open. You can change the synchronization interval. To force synchronization at any time, you can swipe down on the list. Synchronization continues when the app is minimized, but it stops when the app is closed.
Tasks in the task list are displayed with the following icons:
- High priority:
- Low priority:
- Normal priority:
You can view inline attachments and images in tasks. Depending on the
Microsoft Exchange Serverversion and the email client that you are using, some of the following limitations might occur in your environment:
- If you edit the task properties inOutlookWeb App 2013 or 2016, such as the subject or priority, any inline attachments will be removed inBlackBerry Tasks.
- If you edit the task body before the inline attachment is downloaded, the attachment may be removed. Users are warned when editing a task with an inline attachment that the attachment may be removed.
- If your mail server isMicrosoft Exchange2010, when tasks are first synchronized, all inline images will be made available in the attachments list and will not be placed inline. For more information on how to view attachments in the attachment list, see View an attachment.
- If your mail server isMicrosoft Exchange2013, inline attachments are not supported. All inline attachments will be made available in the attachment list. For more information on how to view attachments in the attachment list, see View an attachment.
- Complete any of the following tasks:TaskStepsChange the synchronization interval
Synchronize additional email messages
- Tap .
- In the General section, tapSynchronization>Sync Frequency.
- Select a synchronization interval.
Specify the folders to synchronize
- Tap .
- In the General section, tapSynchronization.
- TapSync More.
Specify the tasks to display
- Tap .
- TapManage Synced Folders.
- Select the folders that you want to synchronize.
Change the order of tasks that are displayedTap .Search for a task
- Tap .
- TapManage Tabs.
- Tap to display or hide the tasks associated with it. The options are: Active, Overdue, Due Today, Due This Week, Completed, or Now
- Optionally, press and hold the beside a tab.
- Slide your finger up or down to move the tab left or right on the screen.
- To restore the default settings, tap >Restore Tabs.
Create a taskTap .Edit a taskTap a task.Mark a task as completeTap .
- Tap >Search.
- Enter your search criteria.