Manage your categories
BlackBerry Notessupports synchronization with the categories in your work email account. New categories that you add in
BlackBerry Notesare automatically assigned a color and added to your work email account.
BlackBerry Taskssupport categories, but
BlackBerry Workdoes not support categories.
When you change the name of a category in
BlackBerry Notes, all current notes in that category are added to the new category. Items from other apps remain in the previous category.
When you delete a category on your device or in your work email account, it is retained with the notes in it but removed from the master list in your work account. On your device, its color is changed and it is treated as a local category.
- Tap or swipe right.
- TapCategoriesto display your category list. The list includes only categories that contain notes.
- Tap a category to display the notes assigned to it.
- To add or edit the categories, tap on the Notes list page and tapManage categories.
- Optionally, tap to update the categories in your work email account, including those not in the master list (local categories).
- Tap to add a category or tap a category to edit it.
- On theAdd CategoryorEdit Categorypage, enter a name for the category or edit the existing name. Tap to clear the field.
- To change the color of the category, tap the color that you want. To return a local file to the master list, change its color.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If you are editing an existing category, tap to delete the category.
- If you are adding or editing a category, tap to save your changes.
- If you are adding or editing a category, tap to leave the page without saving your changes.